Short Daily Lent Reflections to Prepare
Click on the week below for scripture and reflection
Ash Wednesday and Days after Ash Wednesday – February 18 - March 27
- Stations of the Cross - Fridays in Lent except Good Friday, 5:00 at Mary Mother of Peace, 6:30 St. Michael the Archangel ENG, 7:30 St. Michael, HSP
- Penance Service - Sunday before Palm Sunday at 2 PM at Mary Mother of Peace
Palm Sunday and Holy Week:
- Chrism Mass - Monday, 7 PM at Holy Cross in Dover
- Holy Thursday Last Supper - Thursday, 7:00 PM at Mary Mother of Peace
- Reenactment of the Passion - Friday, 2 PM St. Michael the Archangel in Spanish
Easter Sunday: He Is Risen, Alleluia!
It’s interesting that for this upcoming season, people become a bit more spiritual and religious:
The three traditional pillars of Lenten observance are prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
1. The Church asks us to surrender ourselves to prayer and to the reading of Scripture, to fasting and to giving alms.
2. The fasting that all do together on Fridays is but a sign of the daily Lenten discipline of individuals and households: fasting for certain periods of time, fasting from certain foods, but also fasting from other things and activities.
3. Likewise, the giving of alms is some effort to share this world equally—not only through the distribution of money but through the sharing of our time and talents