Mark Forrest October 29,2020 7pm Mary Mother of Peace
Thanks to all who have been sending their weekly donation through WeShare or in the mail. We have received many requests for our address to send donations. Please send to:
Saturday, October 24th, Catholic Charities’ Matt Hahn will discuss domestic violence. Listen to Catholic Forum online anytime at www.cdow.org/CatholicForum, or search “Catholic Forum” on Apple, Spotify, or iHeartRadio podcasts. For photos, information regarding upcoming guests, links and more, “Like” Catholic Forum on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Catholicforum.
Next Saturday, October 31st, we begin National Vocations Awareness Week when Father Norm Carroll, Director of the Office for Priestly and Religious Vocations, and Pastor of St. Elizabeth Parish in Wilmington, is the guest. Listen to Catholic Forum online anytime at www.cdow.org/CatholicForum, or search “Catholic Forum” on Apple, Spotify, or iHeartRadio podcasts. For photos, information regarding upcoming guests, links and more, “Like” Catholic Forum on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Catholicforum.
Pray the rosary with Bishop Francis Malooly and students from the Catholic schools of the Diocese of Wilmington. Students from Immaculate Heart of Mary School in Wilmington, Delaware lead the First Glorious Mystery. The Second Glorious Mystery is led by students from Most Blessed Sacrament School in Berlin, Maryland. Students from Saint Francis de Sales School in Salisbury, Maryland lead the Third Glorious Mystery. Cathedral of Saint Peter School students lead the Fourth Glorious Mystery. The Fifth Glorious Mystery is led by students from Easton Maryland's Saints Peter and Paul Elementary School. Visit YouTube.com/DioceseofWilm or cdow.org/Mary. View below:
A Letter on Racial Justice
A Zoom forum on “Racial Justice and the Catholic Church” sponsored by St. Catherine of Siena and Resurrection Parishes will be held on four Wednesdays from 7-8:30 pm. September 30th, October 14th and October 28th and November 11th. Text will be Fr. Bryan Massingale’s book by that name. There will be discussion of the book, then testimony by panel members with feedback from listeners. To sign up and receive a zoom link and a copy of the book, contact St. Catherine of Siena Parish at 302-633-4900 or email Fr. John Hynes at [email protected].
A MESSAGE FROM THE PASTOR updated 6.9.2020
Greetings and Blessings! I appreciate your continued cooperation as we work through the trial and error of our gradual re-opening, and I thank you for your letters and emails in support of our efforts. It has been wonderful to see the familiar faces of those of you who have been able to come back for prayer, confession and to join in the Celebration of the Eucharist. We are actively seeking volunteer ushers and greeters at all weekday and weekend Masses. If you are between the ages of 18 and 65 and would like to help, please call the office at 302-856-6451.
Although we have resumed our regular Mass schedule, I remind you that we will adhere to the following guidelines until further notice:
- Those over age 65 or with other health conditions should consider staying at home to minimize risk. Please remember that many daily and weekend Masses are offered online; you may find a list of resources on our website at https://www.smammop.com, or on the Diocese of Wilmington website at https://www.cdow.org
- Cloth face coverings are required for anyone over age 12 for entrance to the church. Masks are not provided, please bring your own face covering. (Face coverings should not be worn by children under 2 years of age due to risk of suffocation. See the Governor’s Guidance for face coverings at https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/guidance-for-face-coverings/)
- Maximum occupancy of 25 people for weekday Masses at both SMA and MMOP (Tuesday evening Spanish Masses at SMA have maximum occupancy of 115 in the church and 50 in the Parish Hall).
- Maximum occupancy for MMOP weekend Masses – 160
- Maximum occupancy for SMA weekend Masses – 115 in the church and 50 in the Parish Hall.
- Social distancing of 6 feet required. Every other pew to remain unoccupied.
- We are deeply appreciative of those of you who have continued to support the church through your donations over the past few months. With our office and church reopenings we will have increased expenses; please prayerfully consider contributing today. Designated baskets are provided in the churches for envelopes and offerings. You may also send your donations to the office or sign up for online giving on our website https://www.smammop.com.
As a further safety precaution, we have removed all missals and hymnals from the churches. Weekly worship aids are provided on our website at https://www.smammop.com; you may follow using your smartphone or tablet. Please remember to silence your device while in the church.
It is my hope that, over time, we can continue to relax our restrictions and guidelines until we determine what our new “normal” practices will be. Fr. Brady, Fr. Idelmo and I continue to keep you all in our prayers.
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Robert E. Coine
Mary Mother of Peace 4:00 PM
St. Michael the Archangel 4:30 PM HSP
St. Michael the Archangel 7:00 PM ENG
Mary Mother of Peace 7:30 AM & 11:00 AM
St. Michael the Archangel 7:00 AM HSP
St. Michael the Archangel 9:00 AM ENG
St. Michael the Archangel 12:00 PM HSP
MONDAY & TUESDAY:
St. Michael the Archangel 9:00 AM ENG
St. Michael the Archangel 7:00 PM HSP
WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY:
Mary Mother of Peace 9:00 AM
* Parish Mass Schedule Line: (302) 945-4044
MASS INTENTIONS GUIDELINES
9:30am - 3:30pm
(12:00pm to 12:30pm CLOSED for lunch)
***BY APPOINTMENT ONLY***
Please call 302-856-6451 to schedule
No Admittance Without A Mask
Inclement weather closings and delays:
For a list of closings and delays, visit www.wboc.com/closings or watch WBOC16 TV for the "Closings " banner
Spanish radio WYUS 930 AM and WGMD 92.7 FM will also announce cancellations
ORDER A MASS INTENTION CARD(S)
You will be directed to WeShare. Once payment is processed, the office will contact you for information.
See NEW GUIDELINES below
DIRECTRICES DE INTENCIONES
2020 Collection Dates
January 18/19: Catholic University and Catholic Communications
February 8/9: Black and Indian Missions and Home Missions
Feb 29 & Mar 1: Catholic Relief Services and Latin America
February 26: (Ash Wednesday, First day of Lent) Rice Bowl
April 10: (Good Friday) Holy Land Shrines
April 25/26: Annual Catholic Appeal Commitment Weekend
May 30/31: Diocesan Priests Retirement Fund
June 27/28: Works of The Holy Father
July 4/5 (Optional): Aid to Catholic Church in Africa and Central & Eastern Europe
August 15/16: Cathedral of Saint Peter
September 26/27: Share in The Spirit
October 24/25: World Mission Sunday
November 21/22: Catholic Campaign for Human Development
December 5/6: Religious Retirement